EXAMINING THE CURRENT PRIVATE PRACTICE AND HEALTHCARE ENVIRONMENT
CURRENT HEALTHCARE ENVIRONMENT
- Increased demand for services
- Increased expenses
- Stagnant or decrease in funding
HEALTHCARE INSURANCE ENVIRONMENT’S IMPACT ON PRIVATE PRACTICE
- Many private practice owners are downsizing, consolidating
- with other practices or shutting their doors.
- Fewer options for patients wanting to utilize their healthcare
- insurance for services.
- An increase in the utilization of aides, assistants, etc.
- Outcomes are tied more to funding than ever before.
- (Decreased funding after a certain number of visits, etc.)
- It is becoming more complex every year to get paid.
Contributors to this are:
- Authorization & benefit verification process is not a guarantee to get paid
- ICD-10 implementation
- New CPT evaluations codes